Matt shares the following action items that CS executives can employ to modernize their CS program:
- Define and articulate the goals of your CS program.
- Investing in systems and tools that help a business to engage in a strategic new way.
- Knowing what customers want (not what the company "experts" think they need).
- Track the right outcome metrics. These include retention, advocacy, loyalty, employee engagement, and growth/expansion.
- Bringing in talent with fresh perspectives.
- Integrate data silos to get a comprehensive picture of each customer.
- Build a predictive model of customer behaviors (through employee engagement scorecards).
- Identifying the resources and inherent abilities that allow the organization to provide the business value better.
- Increase customer perceived value of your solution and improve customer loyalty (i.e., hiring outside consultants)
There are two ways how we can measure and foster success:
(1) Internally (value to the business)
(2) Externally (value to the customer)